Our target is the Kozelskiy volcano – 2189 m – located approximately 25 km from Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy. It will take us about an hour to get there. Once we leave the city, we will go along the gravel road and later along the slag fields.
Type: cross-country, all-mountain, freeride
Elevation: 700 m
Number of rides: 4-6 depending on the group physical state;
Duration: 6 h
Terms: end of June – mid-October
Included in the program: mountain bike and protection set rent, guide services, lunch
Important: riders must perform secure skills and be ready to walk uphill 15-30 min
Cost: 7000 rubles per person (from 3 participants)
– We meet at the guest house “Bay House”. First the group will have the safety measures briefing and then will be handed the bike and protection set (helmet, elbow and knee pads, backpack to cover the behind and special gloves).
– Our target is the Kozelskiy volcano – 2189 m – located approximately 25 km from Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy. It will take us about an hour to get there. Once we leave the city, we will go along the gravel road and later along the slag fields.
– We will arrive at the summer mountain ski camp (winter sports are available all year around) which is elevated at the height 1000 m above sea level. This is the start of our downhill rides. The trails will be chosen depending on the riders’ skills. Some might follow the cars tracks and others might opt for the pure freeride on the slag. The car will take us up to the start line. A few times we will have to challenge ourselves and carry bikes on our shoulders.
- During the breaks guides will serve you lunch and beverages. Back in the “Bay House” you are going to enjoy the tastiest salmon sandwich and herbal tea together with a stunning view over the Avacha Bay.
– The Kozelskiy volcano stopped demonstrating its activity long ago. It belongs to the chain that consists of five volcanoes known as our “Home Buddies” because they are located quite close to Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy and Elizovo. You can see these giants almost from any part of the cities, almost from any window. The Kozelskiy volcano is traditional training ground for mountain skiers even in summer time. Also it grants a breath-taking view over the endless Pacific Ocean, the Avacha Bay and southern volcanoes – Vilyuchinskiy, Mutnovskiy nad Goreliy.