SAILING FREERIDE VOYAGE
Sailing backcountry is a unique journey that you can experience in Russia only in Kamchatka. We are going to sail the Pacific ocean on a sea catamaran or yacht along the beautiful and deeply indented eastern coast of the peninsula.
Our goal is a cozy fjord called the Russkaya Bay that is cut into the land for 8 kilometers. This amazing spot will be our home for six days. We are going to climb the neighbourng hills and have mind-blowing rides, sunbathe in the gentle May sun, and practice sea kayaking.
A special highlight of the journey is a visit to the wild rookery of Northern sea lions.
Group: 14 PAX
Cost for one person:
165 000 rubles (room for 3 persons)
180 000 rubles (twin/dbl)
April 25th - May 3rd - 2 places
May 1st - 9th - 4 places
May 9th - 17th - 5 places
May 15th - 23rd
Arrival at Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky International airport. Our representatives meet the participants and take them to the hot springs to recover after the flight and take the photo by the famous monument "Russia begins Here" and from a look-out platform with stunning views of the Avacha Bay and Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky. Lunch in a cafe in the city. Check-in at the catamaran / yacht at 20:00 (or at the hotel depending on the weather conditions). Dinner. Night rest.
Breakfast. Sea voyage / flight by helicopter Mi-8 to the Russkaya Bay of the Avacha Gulf. Lunch. Short ski tour / backcountry program to one of the nearest hills (the plan for the freeride areas is determined by the senior guide depending on the weather and daypart). Theory and practice of the avalanche safety. Optionally – sea kayaking. Dinner. Night rest.
Days 3 – 6
Early in the mornings tasty and healthy breakfasts.
The next three days will be devoted to ski touring / backcountry to the various mountain peaks located in the Russkaya Bay. After lunch on the ship we are going to practice sea kayaking, considered to be one of the most eco-friendly and harmonic types of travel. By the way, kayaking is available even to those who do not know how to swim, as the boats have great resistance to water, and each participant receives a life jacket that gives the opportunity to stay afloat in case the boat turns over.
By choosing Sailing Backcountry Camp you will have
a great opportunity not only to finish triumphally the winter skiing / snowboarding, but also to open the summer season on kayaks. One day during our stay in the Russkaya Bay we will go on a mini-trip to the Cape Kekurniy to see a wild rookery of Northern sea lion.
We will observe these wonderful curious animals in their natural habitat literally from an arm's length.
Breakfast. Return to Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy (either by catamaran or by helicopter). Lunch on the ship, check-in at the guesthouse “Bay House” / host-hotel “Three Skis”. Dinner and night rest.
Breakfast. Extra / spare day. Optionally you can take
part in additional activities such as:
- dog sledding;
- ski-tour / backcountry;
- freeride with snowmobiling;
- mountain snowmobile trip.
“Crab” party and night rest.
Breakfast. Transfer to the airport with arrival at the
fish market and a souvenir shop.
There are two ways to get to
the Russkaya Bay:
There by catamaran and back
by helicopter (Program 1 and 3);
There by helicopter and back
by catamaran (Program 2 and 4).
The total cost includes:
- transfers and transportations;
- accommodation in the city (guesthouse / host-hotel) and on board of the catamaran;
- introductory excursion on the first day plus entrance fee to the swimming pool;
- breakfasts and dinners in city, full board while sailing, lunches on routes;
- guides services;
- catamaran crew services;
- interpreter services;
- processing of documents necessary for migratory services and Federal Security Service in Russia;
- professional photographer or videographer services on the route (any 3 days are chosen by the program arrangers);
- rent of avalanche equipment (airbag, shovel, probe, transceiver);
- sailing / flight from the town to the program spot;
- full board;
- using of motorized boats for bays walks;
- using of kayak boats and equipment;
- rent of the avalanche equipment (beeper, probe, shovel).
The total cost does not include:
- plane ticket to/from Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy;
- lunches in the town (including lunch on the first day during the introductory program).;
- bar lift/chairlift tickets;
- fee to any swimming pool (besides the one one the first day during the introductory program);;
- extra activities;
- rent of the personal snowboarding / skiing equipment (skis, snowboards, boots, backpack);
- other expenses concerned with the program planning and arranging;
- insurance (though insurance is obligatory).
The calculation of the cost in currency different from rubles depends on the course of exchange in a day of money order.
The plan for the ski areas is exemplary. Every day, the ski area is decided by the senior guide depending on the weather, snow conditions and avalanche danger.
Managers will inform you about the possible changes in the program layout a month before the tour starts.
Please keep in mind the time difference and the flight duration. From Moscow it is necessary to fly the day before the program starts. On the way back you arrive to Moscow on the same day.
Book a place right now.