Following the traces of the eruptions.
Group: from 4 PAX
Total cost: 125 000 rub
Terms: August 3rd – 11th, August 24th – September 1st
Arrival to Kamchatka. Program coordinators meet the group at the airport (Elizovo town, 25 km from the capital city – Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy). Do you know where Russia begins? We do and we will take you to the namesake monument not far from the airport. Then we will take you to one of the observation spots to see the beautiful view of Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy that stretches out for many kilometers along the Avacha Bay. Check-in the guesthouse / host-hotel. In the evening travelers meet the guides, fill in the documents and discuss the program. Dinner. Overnight stay in the guesthouse / host-hotel. Optionally - in the evening the group might go to the hot springs resort (not included into the total cost).
Early departure for the Tolbachinskiy Dale by a comfortable off-road car (10-12 hours; about 500 km). On the way we are going to make stops for snacks and lunch in the following places:
• Sokoch village (47 km from Elizovo town) – a place often called “Kamchatka’s Pie Paradise” by locals and tourists. Not hard to guess what Sokoch is famous for;
• Milkovo village (270 km from Elizovo town) – lunch in the local canteen is a must;
• At the crossing over the Kamchatka river – to take a look at the longest river of the peninsula.
During the journey you will get to know with the distant settlements and enjoy beautiful and rapidly changing landscapes. Over the day you will feel the microclimate shift – from coastal to continental. On arrival to the Tolbachinskiy Dale we set up the tent camp and have dinner by the fireplace. Overnight in the tents.
Breakfast. A walk to the lava flows of the recent Tolbachik Vent Eruption that lasted for almost nine months in years 2012-2013 (3 hours). This eruption belongs to the Hawaiian type and is characterized by very fluid basalt-type lava flows with low gaseous content. Return to the camp. Lunch. Ride towards the Northern and Southern Cones that appeared as a result of the Big Tolbachik Vent Eruption in 1975-1976. After having snacks and tea we will examine the lava flows and caves. Return to the camp. Dinner. Overnight in the tents.
Early breakfast and start of the hiking trip to the Volcano Ploskiy (Flat) Tolbachik. We are going to cross the lava flow that looks hardened but deep inside is still a bit warm. Ascent to the volcanic crater (1200 > 3085m, 10-12 hours), snacks during the way up. During the Big Volcanic Vent Eruption the bottom of the crater was destroyed and turned into the 500-m deep caldera with the width 1.7 km. After the excursion we go back to the camp and have dinner. Overnight in the tents.
The Tolbachinskiy Dale is a magnificent place that will you feel visiting another planet! Two powerful eruptions (in 1975 and in 2012), both lasting for about a year, rocked the peninsula and changed the relief for good. Today the place is perfect for the Star trek filming. A vast slag desert stretches out for many kilometers. It is covered with young volcanic cones and is cut by numerous lava flows that have stiffened in the most intricate shapes.
Breakfast. Ride to the Dead Forest - another mysterious place to go (today not 100% dead – there are stubborn green starts of life that struggle through the thick layer of cinder). We will visit some caves and return to the camp by the lunchtime. Then we pack up the camp and leave for Esso settlement. Esso is a nice small village in the very heart of Kamchatka famous for its thermal water pools and views that remind of Switzerland. Dinner and overnight rest in the local hotel.
This day will be devoted to the river rafting activity. One of the most common names for Kamchatka rivers is Bystraya (Rapid). River Bystraya in Esso differs a lot from its namesake in Elizovo in length and number of rapids. The total length of the rafting trip is about 100 km, during the activity there will be stops for fishing (Kamchatka steelhead, char, silver salmon, dog salmon) and lunch. Overnight stay in the hotel in Esso.
Breakfast. Return trip to Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy (8-10 hours; 525 km). Lunch in Milkovo. Dinner. Overnight stay in the guesthouse / host-hotel in Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy.
An extra day in case of bad weather or a chill-out day in the city. You can take part in any extra activities. Ask the managers for the detailed info. Dinner. Overnight stay in the guesthouse / host-hotel in Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy.
Final day. We will take you to the airport in Elizovo via the fish market and souvenir shops. Departure from Kamchatka.
Included in the total cost:
- meeting at the airport;
- all transfers during the program (including transfer to the airport on the final day);
- accommodation (twin / double rooms Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy, dorms in Esso);
- breakfasts and dinners in Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy;
- full board during the trip to Tolbachik, Esso and back (except for eating in the road cafes in Sokoch and Milkovo);
- guides and cook services;
- сamp equipment (gas-jets, dishes, tents. etc);
- preparing the documents necessary for entering the Klyuchevskoy and Bystrinskiy nature parks;
- processing of documents necessary for migratory services and Federal Security Service in Russia;
- rafting trip.
Not included in the total cost:
- plane tickets to Kamchatka;
- extra transfers not included into the general program;
- renting of the personal sleeping bag and mat, trekking poles;
- lunches in Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy, Sokoch and Milkovo settlements;
- extra activities on free days;
- expenses caused by bad weather conditions, personal and general equipment damage, illnesses and traumas or other force-majeures.
Book a place right now.